Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Wolf

The wolf is an animal that I suppose in some measure I have been able to identify with throughout my life.  I have long had a dislike for strong authority and though never in trouble with the law, I have always had a strong disregard for control freaks. I grew up with teachers that were certain they were bringing me the edicts of which I would be better off adhering to, though their actions spoke merely of the short-sighted agenda the human animal often gives into--the overbearing desire to control.



I once had an amazing dream of a wolf in which I had set the intention in the dream to have abundance in my life. This wish later brought the saying to mind of be careful what you wish for. The wolf had honored my dream and I got my wish, but the environment I found myself in left me feeling once again the strong pull of the wolf and the understanding of why they enjoy the wild. 

I understand this in the animals who may come to visit me, like the homeless kitty who comes by nearly everyday to seek a meal. Rather than allow me to come near, he maintains a distance and a preference for the frigid cold at night to a warm room out of the elements. The sense of distrust in some of us is strong, and I understand this and honor his wishes. The human animal has an ego that will often not allow this understanding and ultimately we tread on one another's sense of creativity and individuality in the bargain of administering/accepting this among our fellows.